Search found 45 matches
- Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: DGT/FIDE Offer to Federations to purchase clocks at a highly reduced rate
- Replies: 57
- Views: 11664
Re: DGT/FIDE Offer to Federations to purchase clocks at a highly reduced rate
Well done ECF - particularly Gary Willson. I received the clocks my club had ordered last week. Ever since we announced our interest in the offer, Gary kept us informed as to progress and seems to have had everything well organised. I suspect that if things had gone a bit 'free sets for schools', we...
- Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:09 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Peter Hornsby for ECF : Tomorrow's Candidate Today!
- Replies: 71
- Views: 15058
Re: Peter Hornsby for ECF : Tomorrow's Candidate Today!
As the Cambridgeshire delegate, I agreed to nominate Peter for this position last year and was very pleased when he requested that I do the same this year. Although I can hardly claim to know him well, I was impressed with his work organising the 2020 Chess Championships (however, I would be interes...
- Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:18 am
- Forum: International News
- Topic: WC Match 2016 - New York 10-30 November
- Replies: 567
- Views: 66216
Re: WC Match 2016 - New York 10-30 November
Carlsen winning! (>+4)
Is this match as important geopoliticaly as Fisher Spassky or the K vs K matches (not Kramnik!)?
Is this match as important geopoliticaly as Fisher Spassky or the K vs K matches (not Kramnik!)?
- Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: (Chess) board the wrong way around
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1259
(Chess) board the wrong way around
During the finance presentation yesterday there was a circular graphic of a chessboard.
Across its diameter I counted 8 squares (ranks and files)
Assuming White was at the bottom (conventional), the KB would have been on a black square.
Just thought I'd mention it.
Across its diameter I counted 8 squares (ranks and files)
Assuming White was at the bottom (conventional), the KB would have been on a black square.
Just thought I'd mention it.
- Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:51 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Gone?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2803
Re: Gone?
Odd. :? I don't recall any mention of the forum closing down on Saturday. I don't mean as part of the agenda, but as smalltalk, gossip, in passing comment. Mind you the Publicity Manager did talk about several other subjects. Did I miss it? Some might consider a meeting of chess reps from all parts ...
- Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: April 2016 Council meeting
- Replies: 468
- Views: 42127
Re: April 2016 Council meeting
The £100k reserves objective was discussed by Council at the April 2014 meeting. You were at that meeting.[/quote] Hi Mike, Yes I was and struggled to understand the justification then too. I am no student of finance, so whilst I understand the need for financial diligence I found it difficult to s...
- Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:24 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: April 2016 Council meeting
- Replies: 468
- Views: 42127
Re: April 2016 Council meeting
Apologies to the requisitionists of the final 2 items of business yesterday that we didn't get around to them. The budget and related matters were pretty well bound to generate a great deal of debate, on top of what I felt were good presentations, whilst some aspects of the governance proposals gen...
- Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
- Replies: 52
- Views: 9551
Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
What have I missed? Saw this in the SaBCB "GOODBYE AND THANKS This blog has ceased publication. The entry for Friday 11 March 2016 was our final posting." Together with the cryptic at the time (to me) final words. "So it makes a kind of sense that when a proper ending comes along, I really don't kno...
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:29 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
all done at 18:30
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:35 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
I found it very useful.
I'm mostly tapping away on my notes for Cambridgeshire.
I'm mostly tapping away on my notes for Cambridgeshire.
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
point of information;
budgeted cost of internet and website =£1000
budgeted cost of internet and website =£1000
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:57 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
you wouldn't want a webcam 
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:45 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
next to John Wickham
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:07 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
1st mention of forum.
- Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:54 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Finance Council meeting
- Replies: 127
- Views: 21155
Re: Finance Council meeting
John philpott applauded for his efforts of last 17 months. Bens already asking qus!