Search found 6 matches
- Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:30 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: Brentwood Chess Congress
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3950
- Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:48 pm
- Forum: Congress Diary
- Topic: Brentwood Chess Congress
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3950
- Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:54 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Club chess.....the new season....publicity...membership..
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2834
Thanks David, people at the club seemed fairly positive towards my idea. Our problem is that we only have use of one room on our club nights and it's got to be quiet for games - be they league games or internal club championship games. We have three rapid-play tournaments per year and I'm going to s...
- Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:29 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Club chess.....the new season....publicity...membership..
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2834
Yes, I agree, David. I've been a member of the Southampton club for just over a year now and I'm going to see if people are up for the idea of some informal sessions for training and welcoming newcomers. Our AGM is tomorrow evening and I shall raise the idea there. I've got a few friends who are qui...
- Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:46 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Off beat or Mainline?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3504
Off-beat might be useful if you're playing someone who's likely to have more openings knowledge than you - so you at least get into a decent middlegame. But in my own experience, spending a bit of time on some main-line openings does give a more rounded chess knowledge. In my first year of serious c...
- Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:16 pm
- Forum: Rating Debate
- Topic: When is the new grading list coming out?
- Replies: 509
- Views: 61706
My first grade!
I'll add my thanks to Dean's - I also got my first grade and I now feel like a proper chess player! One full year of competitive playing behind me and I'm looking forward to building on things next season. Bring it on!Dean Madden wrote:Thanks to everyone involved.
Pleased with my first grade of 50.