Search found 4 matches

by Lauren Ashleigh
Wed Feb 26, 2025 12:13 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Stewart Reuben
Replies: 111
Views: 22026

Re: Stewart Reuben

Several years ago, he mentioned on the forum that he was writing a book on the history of the rules of chess (or something very similar). Is there any work-in-progress, or did he abandon the idea? Yes, I am aware of this being in progress. I know he was writing it with someone else, but unfortunate...
by Lauren Ashleigh
Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:57 am
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Stewart Reuben
Replies: 111
Views: 22026

Re: Stewart Reuben

He did in need write several letters to The Times. I remember many were to try to have chess recognised as a ‘sport’. Unfortunately that battle was never won
by Lauren Ashleigh
Wed Feb 26, 2025 10:52 am
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Stewart Reuben
Replies: 111
Views: 22026

Re: Stewart Reuben

I hadn’t realised there would be newspaper articles, that’s rather remiss of me. I would really appreciate it if anyone has copies of the newspapers once they have finished reading them. I’m in the process of creating a family tree memory journal. Stewart will have one all to himself. A fitting trib...
by Lauren Ashleigh
Sun Feb 23, 2025 6:08 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Stewart Reuben
Replies: 111
Views: 22026

Re: Stewart Reuben

I would like to thank you all for your wonderful posts for Stewart. My uncle was an extremely interesting and kind man, and although small in stature he had a bombing voice and air of command as and when needed. I wonder how many of you had the pleasure of seeing this side of Stewart? Stewart was al...