Search found 5 matches

by jennymulholland
Sat Jul 25, 2026 11:08 am
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
Replies: 162
Views: 21309

Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives

There's no one who plausibly represents the demographic whose hobby in essence is playing weekend and longer tournaments at a high level. It might be nice to have as representative Gold member someone I and others of comparable rating might play from time to time. You're correct Roger - I'm afraid ...
by jennymulholland
Wed Jul 22, 2026 11:06 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
Replies: 162
Views: 21309

Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives

I still haven't voted as none of the candidates have called for the votes to be announced. I would be perfectly happy for the number of votes for each candidate to be announced. I think it's useful data both for voters and for candidates in deciding whether to stand again the following year or not....
by jennymulholland
Wed Jul 22, 2026 10:59 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
Replies: 162
Views: 21309

Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives

I had an question for all the candidates! What governance, safeguarding, technology, or public-sector experience do you bring that would improve ECF Council decision-making Hi John. Experience summary as follows: Governance - Local councillor in London Borough of Camden (~100k residents) until May ...
by jennymulholland
Fri Jul 17, 2026 9:06 pm
Forum: ECF Matters
Topic: Election of Direct Members' Representatives
Replies: 162
Views: 21309

Re: Election of Direct Members' Representatives

Hi all, a quick note from me (Jenny, one of the candidates) to observe that it's a positive thing to have a healthily large field of people standing for this role, and that it's gone to an election. Enthusiastic volunteering requests from multiple people who are passionate about chess, and willing t...
by jennymulholland
Thu Jan 23, 2025 4:48 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: The UK Parliamentary Chess Club
Replies: 103
Views: 46665

Re: The UK Parliamentary Chess Club

Thanks Peter for organising this match and posting the recap :D This was one of the most popular events for London Women Chess Club since it started last summer. Our group includes women at all levels of experience from beginner to expert, and everyone loved taking part in this match and having the ...