Search found 25 matches

by Anthony Ibbitson
Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:27 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: Stephen Forbes.
Replies: 1
Views: 948

Stephen Forbes.

The Leeds Chess Association recently received the sad news of Stephen Forbes' passing, due to cancer. Stephen was a very keen chess player who played for West Leeds (Ian Strickland's club) in both the Leeds and Yorkshire Leagues. I played with him on many occasions, he was a quirky but kind gentlema...
by Anthony Ibbitson
Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:11 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Fantasy Premier League.
Replies: 1
Views: 1005

Fantasy Premier League.

There's Fantasy Premier League called English Chess Fans so please join if you're going to be playing this year. The code to join is f1xnnb or you can join using the below link -

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... oin/f1xnnb
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 pm
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4ncl teams in Yorkshire.
Replies: 7
Views: 6625

Re: 4ncl teams in Yorkshire.

Ah okay, I didn't realise the 4ncl north no longer existed. That's a shame.
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:56 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: York Chess Club
Replies: 13
Views: 6897

Re: York Chess Club

Thank you!
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:01 pm
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4ncl teams in Yorkshire.
Replies: 7
Views: 6625

Re: 4ncl teams in Yorkshire.

Do you have a contact for white rose?
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:47 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: York Chess Club
Replies: 13
Views: 6897

Re: York Chess Club

Thanks John. I did use the contact form on that page some months ago and never received a response so I wondered if it was still active.
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:53 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: York Chess Club
Replies: 13
Views: 6897

York Chess Club

I'm potentially moving to York within the next 6 months so I'm hoping to join York Chess Club. Ideally in the Yorkshire League and a York team in the evening league from September onwards. Does anyone have a main contact for enquiries in the area? I've not played OTB for quite some time but I am hop...
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:50 am
Forum: 4NCL
Topic: 4ncl teams in Yorkshire.
Replies: 7
Views: 6625

4ncl teams in Yorkshire.

Hi, are there any 4ncl teams in Yorkshire who are taking on new players? I'm approximately 1750 ECF and FIDE and I'm looking to start playing OTB chess again, after a break.
by Anthony Ibbitson
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:03 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: ECF ratings.
Replies: 13
Views: 5085

Re: ECF ratings.

So as long as I've played a rated game within the last 36 months, I should remain on the rating list?
by Anthony Ibbitson
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:02 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: ECF ratings.
Replies: 13
Views: 5085

ECF ratings.

Hi all - I was wondering whether someone might be able to answer my question with regards to the ECF chess ratings. I've been fairly inactive on the chess scene recently and was wondering when my chess rating is likely to drop off. I'm currently rated 1754 K. My ECF grading code is 230785G and my me...
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:35 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Christmas Eve incident in a rock bar
Replies: 33
Views: 15348

Re: Christmas Eve incident in a rock bar

IM Jack Rudd wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:50 am
There was plenty of music accompanying tonight's blitz. Which was fine, but I wouldn't want it for anything more serious.
I wouldn't mind it for a chess social with beers etc but not for a serious event.
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:55 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Old Chess Books Rescued
Replies: 4
Views: 1032

Re: Old Chess Books Rescued

Hi all. I need some help please. A chess colleague rescued some chess equipment that were literally about to be binned by some workers at a venue where a chess club played a number of years ago, that then folded. The chess players disappeared off the scene and a number sadly passed away. Included, ...
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm
Forum: Deaths & Obituaries
Topic: George Hollands 1984-2023
Replies: 9
Views: 3992

Re: George Hollands 1984-2023

Wow I played George about a year ago at CC, as part a BCCA cup tournament (one of the last games I played before deciding my return to the game wasn't a keeper, due to the tedium of every single player using an engine - CC is over basically) I remember he was a really nice chatty guy on the ICCF se...
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:27 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Christmas Eve incident in a rock bar
Replies: 33
Views: 15348

Re: Christmas Eve incident in a rock bar

John Upham wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:21 pm
Anthony Ibbitson wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Chess in a rock bar sounds like a great idea! The chess rockers, the chess metalheads, chess rock...
Perhaps there is one in Brighton?
Brighton's a bit far from me, I'm in West Yorkshire!
by Anthony Ibbitson
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:19 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Chessable.
Replies: 0
Views: 828

Chessable.

Is anyone here on Chessable? If so, what are your handles and do you have any favourite courses? I'm anthonychess82 if anyone wants to follow.