Search found 9 matches
- Wed Feb 11, 2026 3:06 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Another arbiting question
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6094
Re: Another arbiting question
I would have restarted the clock made my move and wait till he lost on time!!
- Wed Feb 11, 2026 11:56 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Manchester Chess 1930s-1940s [Fred Turner]
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4486
Re: Manchester Chess 1930s-1940s [Fred Turner]
Thank you for the info and pointers
- Wed Feb 11, 2026 11:28 am
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Manchester Chess 1930s-1940s [Fred Turner]
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4486
Manchester Chess 1930s-1940s [Fred Turner]
I am currently inputting games played by Fred Turner. Fred played in the Manchester League in the 30s & 40s for Metropolitan-Vickers [Metro-Vick] and represented Manchester. He came to Lancaster in 1948 to lecture at the Storey Institute and played for Lancaster chess club. I know nothing of Manches...
- Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:40 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: New in Chess & BREXIT
- Replies: 66
- Views: 10477
Re: New in Chess & BREXIT
Chessbase not posting to the UK is not so bad as most if not all their products can be downloaded. I do think that picking up a bargain price book from NIC may be over.
- Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:09 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Media comments on chess
- Replies: 6642
- Views: 1159762
Re: Media comments on chess
I wish pundits would stop the .."it's like a game of chess." every time a game gets a bit turgid it's thoughtless, lazy and makes my blood boil!! Rant over.
- Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: Media comments on chess
- Replies: 6642
- Views: 1159762
Re: Media comments on chess
Yes that's right.....no need for the Chess Police either the board is legal!
I believe the villain playing the combination was Kronstein or Kronsteen...
I believe the villain playing the combination was Kronstein or Kronsteen...
- Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:18 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Membership Renewal
- Replies: 323
- Views: 52884
Re: Membership Renewal
Fair comment.Paul Robert Jackson wrote: ↑Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:33 amCurrent Gold Member as wellTim Spanton wrote: ↑Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:28 amWell, I've paid £39 of that for 2020-21Paul Robert Jackson wrote: ↑Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:26 am
I think its normal budget is closer to £160,000.
.....just being optimistic that the ECF would share some up to date information with its members.
- Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:25 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: New ECF Rating Database
- Replies: 36
- Views: 7734
Re: New ECF Rating Database
I like the new Grading page it's pretty easy to use. I even like the background colour change option too.
Changing to four digit ratings was long overdue (IMHO) well done E.C.F.
Changing to four digit ratings was long overdue (IMHO) well done E.C.F.
- Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:32 pm
- Forum: ECF Matters
- Topic: Membership Renewal
- Replies: 323
- Views: 52884
Re: Membership Renewal
I'm not sure about renewing my membership as things stand. I'll wait to see how things develop.